Saturday, August 21, 2010

INTERVIEW: Spoon

I've been a massive Spoon fan for ages or so it seemed. I think I got aware of them in 2005 with the release of their fifth album "Gimme Fiction" but they've already been around since 1996. "Gimme Fiction" really blew me away though and I'd been wanting to see them live ever since. I must have missed a couple of chances but when they played the Frannz Club in Berlin in February of this year, I took the opportunity to get up close and had a really interesting chat with drummer and founding member Jim Eno.

Spoon are said to be from Austin, Texas, but in fact they live all over the States and by this time probably even the last member of Spoon has moved out of Austin, as Jim mentions in the interview.
We are also talking about their current album "Transference" and got slightly interrupted by pretty young fans, waving from the street.

Spoon Interview Feb 2010 by This Is Twee
Listen to their first single off of "Transference":
Spoon - Written In Reverse by badicalbeats
Spoon homepage
Spoon Myspace site




Share/Bookmark

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment