Saturday, August 7, 2010

NOT SO TWEE // !!! - STRANGE WEATHER, ISN'T IT?

I remember last year I did an interview with WOLF PARADE at the Festsaal Kreuzberg here in Berlin. We were sitting in the backstage room downstairs and there were these electro beats coming through the walls. The drummer, Arlen Thompson, apologized for the noise and said their friends from !!! (Chk Chk Chk) were recording their next album right next door. I was thinking: "Oh my god!", but appeared pretty laissez-faire.

!!! formed in 1996 and will release their forth album "Strange Weather, Isn't It" August 20th in Germany and August 23rd/24th in the rest of the world.

In November last year their drummer Jerry Fuchs (also in Turing Machine, The Juan MacLean) died after falling down an elevator shaft.
Only now did I realise by looking on their Myspace site who is replacing him: Paul Quattrone. Perhaps for most of you that name does not ring a bell, which is fair enough. It must have been in 2001/2002 that my friend was raving on about a band called Modey Lemon. He had seen a gig and absolutely loved it. Next time they played I joined him and was pretty wowed myself. Then I moved to Berlin and they made it over three times, even supporting Dinosaur Jr. once. I got chatting to Paul and we stayed in touch for a while. So I guess you can imagine now what surprise it was to see his name on the !!! Myspace site.

!!!'s first single "AM/FM" off of the album will also be available as a 12" clear vinyl for all you vinyl nerds out there, which is limited to 800 worldwide.

On their website you can get a download of the single "AM/FM" and this is the video:


!!! ( Chk Chk Chk) - The Hammer (short clip) by Warp Records

!!! homepage
!!! Myspace site




Share/Bookmark

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment