Sunday, June 5, 2011

NEW || Dan Mangan - Nice, Nice, Very Nice

Ok, I get sent quite a few newsletters by radio pluggers and I try to give it all a listen if I can but I hardly ever get so intrigued by an unknown artist as I did with Dan Mangan. I got in touch with the plugger, organized an interview with him for next Friday and got the album sent a few days later. RESULT!

So I'm currently preparing the questions for the interview and thought I'd give you THIS IS TWEE readers out there a chance to get to know him and share my enthusiasm, if you don't already do.

Nice, Nice, Very Nice, Dan Mangan's second album, got released by Arts & Crafts, a Canadian indie label and host to the likes of Chilly Gonzales, Feist, and Ra Ra Riot. So yes, you are correct in thinking that Dan Mangan is Canadian. This singer/songwriter lives in Vancouver, has shared the stage with
Holy Fuck, Broken Social Scene, and Julian Casablancas to name but a few and - even though people in Europe might not have heard of him - he actually played Glastonbury last year and got invited again this year. In the States and Canada the album was already released in August 2009 and only in October 2010 did it get released in Germany. Dan Mangan has started working on his third album and I'm curious about the news he'll be leaking on that.

This video is so funny:


ROBOTS by Dan Mangan official music video directed by Mike Lewis from Mike Lewis on Vimeo.
And this video is simply beautiful:

The Indie Queens Are Waiting - Dan Mangan from Dan Mangan on Vimeo.

And here are some more songs from that album with 'Sold' to be downloadable:
Dan Mangan by Arts & Crafts



Share/Bookmark

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment