Saturday, January 14, 2012

NEW || free MP3 || HOWLER - America Give Up


Howler: "Back of Your Neck"

I only heard about HOWLER this morning on the radio and since the singer's voice and in some ways also their doo-wop style of sound reminded me quite a bit of MAN MAN or MISTER HEAVENLY, I thought it makes the perfect next THIS IS TWEE post. 

This is a pretty young band from Minneapolis, Minnesota, still in their late teens. Last year they toured the East Coast of the US with Tapes 'N Tapes and supported The Vaccines on their sold out UK tour. 
I wish I was back in New York next week, since they will be playing a stint of record release shows in Manhatten and Brooklyn. It won't be long until they'll be back in Europe for their first headlining tour, though. It will kick off in Bristol on January 23rd and on February 11th they'll be in Berlin for their one and only Germany show. 

I'm getting well excited seeing them on their tour, while I'm listening to their debut album AMERICA GIVE UP. See what you think about it: The album was released in Germany yesterday and will be released in the UK and US next week via Rough Trade. On HOWLER's Facebook site you get a link to download their current single "Back Of Your Neck".

www.howlerband.com 



Share/Bookmark

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment